How can I check for invalid physical KYC docs?
Whenever a Physical doc has a status of Submitted|Invalid, there will be an "external_invalid_reason" associated with it. This defines why the document uploaded is invalid.
- Search the user on the Users Tab.
- Go to their 'Documents'
- Filter for "Physical Docs"
- Click or Hover over the Question Mark on the "Status" column.
- You can click on More Details to see more information about why the document was marked invalid.
A list of potential external_invalid_reasons can be found here, alongside the next steps to remedy the invalid Photo ID.
Photo ID requirements:
- Steady image
- ID occupies most of the image
- ID and text are aligned properly
- Plain background
- Four visible edges of the ID
- Min resolution ~1200 pixels, minor axis
- Good natural lighting (average pixel intensity ~150)
- No flash
- The name and DOB matches those supplied to us in the base doc
- Should be in full color (no black and white images accepted)
- We recommend a maximum file size of 2 MB (most high-quality JPG are around 1 MB)
Physical Doc upload criteria
A physical doc should NOT be scanned or photocopied. A user must take a picture of the physical doc and upload a picture of the physical doc.
An individual legally changed their name but failed to update the Social Security Administration to reflect the change within the IRS’s records. In this case, a marriage license or proof of name change will be required to verify the user.
See The Following Related Articles on Invalid Physical KYC:
- Why Is This Photo ID Invalid?
- What Is A DBA Document?
- How Do I Review An EIN Letter?
- Where can I find my EIN verification letter?