Businesses that engage in the following activities without prior written consent* are prohibited from using Synapse.
- Any business regulated by FinCEN, including the money service business* and payday lending
- Businesses associated with or for payment of illegal or fraudulent goods or services, including, but not limited to, illegal substances, counterfeit goods, stolen goods, illegal or controlled substances, and substances that pose a risk to consumer safety (including synthetics, “potpourri not for human consumption”, and other similar items, illegal online gambling / wagering, pyramid schemes, counterfeit goods or any type of money laundering
- Provide false or inaccurate information to Synapse, including attempts to falsify your identity, such as by providing false account information or false documents;
- Defraud us or other Synapse Users in any way;
- Engage in transactions involving debt collection services*;
- Engage in transactions involving escort services;
- Engage in transactions involving the purchase, sale, or exchange of cryptocurrency / virtual currency, or provide a cryptocurrency / virtual currency marketplace or exchange*;
- Provide white label ATM services;
- Attempt to receive or actually receive duplicate compensation for a disputed payment from the recipient (such as a seller), Synapse and/or your bank, credit union or other financial institution;
- Engage in activity that indicates, in Synapse and the Financial Institution Partner’s discretion, that there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your Synapse account, or any of your Synapse account activity
The most updated list can be found on our Terms of Service.