What is a wire recall request, and what should I expect from the process?
- Wire recalls are requests submitted by our customers in an attempt to recoup funds that were sent out via domestic or international wire
- Reasons for requesting a wire recall may include, but are not limited to:
- Funds were sent in error (i.e. incorrect recipient, incorrect wire details)
- Fraud/Illicit Activity
- Synapse submits wire recall requests to Evolve (our partner bank)
- Evolve submits the wire recall request to the recipient bank in an attempt to recoup funds
Synapse/Evolve submits wire recall requests as a courtesy
The recipient bank is not required to respond to these requests, meaning that there is no guarantee that a wire will be successfully recalled
If we do not receive a response from the recipient bank, it is recommended that the sender of the wire reach out to the recipient, when applicable.